Welcome to the
make it pop FAQ page!
Here, you’ll find answers to some of the most
common questions we receive about our game
A: make it pop Ltd uses serious play methods to deliver tools, workshops, and courses for companies, teams, and anyone who wants to boost their creativity and overcome innovation lag. We aim to help people become more abstract-minded by harnessing their creative confidence and mastering their design thinking process.
A: make it pop uses serious play methods to help individuals, teams, and organisations develop their creativity, ideation, and design thinking skills in an engaging and fun way. It is a great tool to build your out-the-box thinking and, most importantly, keep creativity entertaining! It helps in recharging the creative juices and getting away from design fatigue.
A: No, make it pop can be used by anyone who wants to improve their ideation and presentation abilities while having fun. It’s an excellent exercise for workshops, design battles, brainstorming sessions, parties and icebreaker activities. It helps individuals, teams, and organisations become more effective problem-solvers and enthusiastic team workers, no matter their specialisation.
A: make it pop can be used in many ways, such as:
- As an icebreaker or ideation exercise to help participants unlock their creativity
- As a tool for design battles
- As an essential for brainstorming sessions
- As an absolute hoot at a party
- As a way to recharge those creative juices when you’re all dried up
A: To use make it pop, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Choose a black task card. These cards are designed to give you the context for your creativity, setting the “what” you need to create. They’re varied to test your flexibility.
- Step 2: Pick a white client card. White client cards are designed to trigger a conversation and help you develop your creative mindset.
- Step 2 (Optional): Pick a red client card. Red client cards are designed to test your creative flexibility and create a lot of fun; they’re obscure and ridiculous!
- Step 3 (Optional): Pick a dynamite blue card. These cards are designed to modify your brief; they either increase the challenge by throwing curveballs at you or make things easier by providing useful tips.
A: make it pop has four types of cards:
- Black Task Cards: Give you the context for your creativity, setting the “what” you need to create. They’re varied to test your flexibility.
- White Client Cards: These are all your traditional clients, designed to give you a real-world challenge.
- Red Client Cards: Are designed to test your creative flexibility and create a lot of fun; they’re obscure and ridiculous.
- Dynamite Blue Cards: Modify the game; they either increase the challenge by throwing curve balls at you or make things easier by providing valuable tips.
A: Light to moderate. They contain no profanities but mild sexual references. No cards discriminate against any race, sexual orientation, background, disability (visible or invisible) or person’s social-economic status. If you are unsure about the audience, you can
- Download the make it pop sample deck to get a taste of the cards
- Remove the red client cards and use only the white client cards
- Remove the red client cards your audience may receive negatively from the deck.
A: Up to 50 people could play with a single deck and have uniquely generated briefs. However, you can also create teams to work on generated briefs. Hosting sessions where the entire group works on a pre-selected / generated brief is standard.
However, if you’re also looking to use the games after a company off-site/gathering, we recommend getting the appropriate amount of decks so each team can take one back with them.
A: make it pop offers a variety of workshops that help individuals, teams, and organisations develop their creation, ideation, and design thinking skills. Our workshops are designed to get you and your team thinking more out of the box while becoming more confident when pitching ideas and delivering feedback. We can also customise workshops to fit your specific needs and goals.
A: Our workshops can range from half-day to multiple-day sessions, depending on the needs and goals of the organisation. We can also customise the duration of the workshops to fit your schedule.
A: The cost of a make it pop workshop varies depending on the duration, location, and number of participants. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a customised quote.
A: Attendees of a Make It Pop workshop will learn how to:
- Develop their innovation, ideation and design thinking skills
- Improve their ability to think more out of the box
- Increase their confidence when pitching ideas and delivering feedback
- Recharge their creative juices
- Have a super duper good time
A: We can accommodate groups of any size, from small teams to large organisations. The larger the group, the more decks of Make It Pop will be required.
A: Yes, we offer online workshops using Zoom or any other online meeting platform.
A: Sorry…. we aren’t that smart, but we will be looking into expanding our services soon.
A: All you need for a make it pop workshop is a room with a table for each group and a make it pop deck for each group. We will provide all materials and facilitation.
A: To book a make it pop workshop, please reach out to us at email@example.com with the date, location, and number of participants, and we will get back to you with availability and a quote.
A: Yes, we have a list of previous clients who have used make it pop’s workshops. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will provide you with a list of references.